Dialog Designer 1.3.0
Updated May 24, 2017
Dialog Designer is a free utility for creating dialogs for
Adventure Game Studio (AGS).
One of the main ideas behind creating Dialog Designer was to allow
multiple writers to collaborate on writing dialog scripts. This utility
eliminates the need to use AGS and send over your project data to the
writers WITHOUT losing the ability to preview the dialogs and see if
they work at all. It also provides useful features that make creating and reorganizing dialogs
easier on the user. Some of these features are listed below:
- Dialog options are organized in a treeview that clearly shows the structure of the dialog
- Syntax highlighted dialog script editor
- Dialog preview
- Basic AGS dialog script commands work in the preview: option-on, option-off, option-off-forever
- Additional script commands that make writing scripts even easier
- Automatic dialog option reference management
- Variables and showing dialog options automatically if a specified condition is true
- Exports AGS compatible dialog scripts. If conditions or other advanced functionality is used, the minimum required AGS version is 3.1.1.
- Dialog speech line conversion
ContactIf you come across any bugs or even feature suggestions feel free to contact me by email: email@example.com. You can also find me lurking on the AGS Forums as AJA.
Version 1.3.0 - May 24, 2017
- AGS Editor plugin that simplifies editing and exporting changes to your project.
Version 1.2.1 - Jan 3, 2015
- Added drag & drop support for opening dialog files.
- Fixed random crash on startup on Windows 8 (64-bit only?) platform.
- Fixed ArgumentOutOfRangeException crash when loading MRU list on startup.
Version 1.2 B - Jan 3, 2015 - Original 1.2 released Jan 22, 2011
Note: This version has been partially recreated from the original version 1.2. The following, from the original changelog, has not been fixed in this release due to me having no idea what the problem originally was: "Fixed errors in custom dialog line conversion (in both the settings window and the actual conversion)."
- Added export option to disable automatic turning off of selected dialog options.
- "Replace title with first line" now supports custom dialog lines and custom speech functions that have the spoken line as the last bit in quotes. E.g. cEgo.Say("Hello!") works now.
Version 1.1.4 - Sep 7, 2010
- Fixed being able to drag and drop a dialog option on the "Start" node, causing a crash.
Version 1.1.3 - Jun 12, 2010
- Fixed isOff being exported to "equals eOptionOff" instead of "not eOptionOn".
Version 1.1.2 - Jun 11, 2010
- Fixed crash when the same variable was used multiple times in a condition.
Version 1.1.1 - Feb 11, 2010
- Fixed crash with empty fields in the variable window.
- Fixed dialog option drag & drop: when dropping below the current place on the same level, the option was moved one place too far.
Version 1.1 - Jan 9, 2010
- Added checkbox "Say" to match AGS dialog editor functionality.
- Errors in conditions and variable statements won't abort preview anymore. Instead these will be listed and shown as warnings after the dialog option script has finished running.
- Boolean variables are now supported.
- Script editor line number is now displayed in the status bar.
- Undo/redo functionality for the script editor.
- Added line number information to script error and warning messages.
Version 1.0.2 - Jan 6, 2010
- Fixed crash during startup on Windows Vista and Windows 7 systems.
Version 1.0.1 - Dec 13, 2009
- Fixed crash during preview when undefined variables are found.
Version 1.0 (original release) - Dec 13, 2009